If you think about it, if we all ate a few more serves of vegetables each day, we would be much fuller, and much less likely to snack on garbage. The biggest mistake people tend to make when it comes to vegetables and salad, is that they do not eat enough of these foods at lunchtime, which leaves you feeling peckish at 3 and 4pm. Simply by making sure that your lunch includes a couple of cups of salad and your dinner plate is half filled with vegetables, you will be well on target with a controlled calorie diet and weight loss. Here are my other top tips for bumping up your intake of veges each and every day.
1) Keep cut up celery, carrot and red capsicum cut up in the fridge so you can snack on them while preparing dinner.
2) Always order an extra side of vegetables for dinner.
3) Add a V8 vegetable juice to your morning routine.
4) Make a habit of adding a bowl of greens drizzled with olive oil to your dinner table.
5) Each weekend make a vegetable soup or massive salad to add to meals through the week.
6) Ask for extra salad on sandwiches purchased away from the home.
7) Keep celery and carrots in your work bag to nibble on the train or in the car on the way home.
8) Pre order your fruit and veges each week so you never run out.
9) Remember, you can add frozen peas, beans and carrots to almost any meal.
10) Once each week, have soup or salad for a light dinner.