Susie Burrell's blog has moved to http://www.susieburrell.com.au. Head there now for all the latest updates, mobile friendly templates, search tools and more.





Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Are your thoughts halting your weight loss efforts?

“As a man thinketh so he is”

It is true for life and it is true for our diet and exercise behaviours, the way you think will significantly impact your chances of achieving your goals. Common examples I hear on a weekly basis sitting with clients include; “I do not think I will ever lose this weight”, “I can never stay on track over the weekend”, “I always gain weight on holidays”, “I always lose a few kg then nothing happens”.

Such strong statements cement your patterns of behaviour in the old rather than embracing the new that will take you to the next level with your weight loss goals. If any of these beliefs sound familiar, a much more proactive position is to shift your thoughts towards active thought processes’ “I will do whatever I need to do to keep my weight under control these holidays”, “This time I will break through the plateau that has held me back before”, “I will lose weight this time no matter what” - a simple shift but a crucial one when it comes to weight loss and thought processes.