Week 1: 12 Week Challenge
Are your nutrients balanced?
Ensuring you have the right balance of carbohydrates, protein and good fat in your diet for each of your meals and mid meals is the most important thing you can do to support your fat loss goals.
Common mistakes are:
· Eating too much carbohydrate and not enough protein for breakfast
· Not eating enough salad and vegetables at lunch and dinner
· Not eating a protein rich snack such as a Go Natural Nut Bar OR cheese and crackers late in the afternoon
· Drinking too much coffee and tea throughout the morning
This week, to make sure your nutrients are balanced:
1) Choose eggs or baked beans with grain toast for breakfast or a small cup of wholegrain cereal with low fat milk + 1 teaspoon LSA mix.
2) Make sure you have a balanced snack of yoghurt and fruit, cheese and crackers, a skim Latte or a nut bar for morning and afternoon tea.
3) Add a vegetable soup or salad to your lunch sandwich or leftovers.
4) Snack on a carrot or apple on the way home.
5) Stick to plain meat and vegetables for dinner Monday – Thursday.
Your weight loss to do list – July 14th
1) Take your measurements and document them
2) Keep a record for 2 days of all the food you have eaten
3) Make sure you are:
· Eating carbohydrates and proteins together
· Not eating too much good fat
· Eating enough vegetables
· Avoiding alcohol during the week
· Drinking green tea after each meal
· Drink 2L of water each day