1) Fat slow is hard work. There is no easy way to lose weight.
2) You can get 10, maybe 20 kgs off with food restriction alone but you can get 20+ kgs off and keep it off if you do resistance training
3) The right exercise is just as important as the right diet
4) Low carb diets only work for as long as you can keep doing them
5) It is extremely hard to shift weight after someone has been on a constant diet for years and years
6) You either want to lose weight or you don’t - there is nothing in between. If you are not 100% committed, don’t even bother trying.
7) How a person looks after their body tends to be a marker of how they look after their life.
8) Body builders know just as much about losing body fat as any scientifically trained professional.
9) Research may give us an idea about what works in practice, but it is the clinicians, the people who see hundreds of paying clients who know the most about fat loss in real life.
10) Every single person will need a different diet and exercise prescription.
People who are thin exercise more and eat less than you do